5 Tips on Anti-aging
I am going to inform you of the five best tips to help your skin as it ages.
What is the difference between skin that is Dehydrated or Lipid Dry?
Dehydration is where the skin is lacking moisture through water as you should be drinking 2-3 litre of water a day as the body is mainly made up of water. Dehydrated skin will wrinkle when you push the skin together or feel dry and tight during the day.
Lipid Dry skin is lacking oil and good oils need to be eaten in your food daily. Some skins are both dehydrated and lipid dry so if this is your skin then do both of the following recommendation. Lipid dry skin will have finer pores and will not have any excess oil in the morning on their face and their skin will feel very dry and tight.
· Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
· Drink Herbal Tea
· Drink Water infused with fruit
· Steam your face with herbs and flowers or a couple of drops of essential oils twice a week
· Use facial lotions as they hydrate the skin and prepare it for the cream phase
· Use supplements such as evening primrose oil, fish oil, vitamin E oil, Hair, Skin and Nail Multivitamin
· Use fruit, flower, herb and nut oils on your skin everyday
· Eat oily fish like salmon and tuna
· Eat avocados, seeds, nuts
· Use good oils such as olive oil, sunflower oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil, butter
· Use bone broth as it contains natural collagen
· Use supplements such as evening primrose oil, fish oil, vitamin E oil, vitamin A oil, zinc
It is essential to cleanse your skin morning and night. During the day cleanse, you are cleaning off all the dead skin cells and excess oils that have been produced during the night. During the night cleanse, you are removing dirt and grime, make-up, oil, dust and pollution.
There are two main types of cleansers: milk cleanser and foaming cleanser. I ask my clients "what type of feel do you like after you cleanse"? If they say soft a dewy feel, then I recommend a cream cleanser. If they say squeaky clean, then I recommend a foaming cleanser.
If your skin is sensitive or dry, I usually recommend using the cream cleanser at night as it is oil based so it helps get rid of all your make-up. If your skin is oily, acne or have pimples then I usually recommend a foaming cleanser day and night.
You can do a mixture of both; for example, I use the foaming cleanser in the morning and the cream cleanser at night to get rid of my make-up.
Benefits of Exfoliation You Didn't Know You Were Getting
· It assists with unclogging pores
· It Prevents Acne and blackheads by keeping skin clean
· It prepares a smooth surface for vitamins and nutrients to penetrate more effectively
· It helps even skin tone and soften pigmentation
· You will be stimulating blood flow and peripheral circulation
· By stimulating your lymphatic system, you will be detoxifying your skin
· It will stimulate the fibroblasts that make collagen and elastin
Tip 3 - Use a Mask every week
Mask are so simple to use, and your skin will thank you. Most masks are made from healing natural clay. It is however one of the most effective natural cleansing and purifying agents available. Clay works to help detox and clarify your skin. If you desire clear, fresh and vital skin, here are a few reasons why you should try a pure clay face mask!
1. Clay unclogs the skin pores and shrinks them
2. Clay helps control the overproduction of sebum
Too much oil on the skin, abnormal shedding of dead skin cells and excess bacteria generally results in acne. You may also be prone to outbreaks if you take certain medication, produce too much sebum (a natural oil) or have a family history of acne. To keep your skin soft, supple and blemish-free, use a dab of clay mask. Leave on overnight and repeat until blemish is gone.
Natural clay has a strong negative electrical charge. Since many toxins have a positive charge, the clay bonds to them. When it encounters a toxin, heavy metal, chemical, or other impurity, the clay will gobble up the toxin and release its minerals for the body to use.
Clay is loaded with silica, a trace mineral that strengthens connective tissue including muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and bone. In addition, it makes your skin super soft. Silica is the most abundant mineral in the earth’s crust and is the name for the chemical compound silicon dioxide. Using clay masks on your skin means you reap all its benefits as it is readily absorbed.
Clay conditions and nourishes one’s skin by removing the dead cells and extracting the extra oils and impurities from the surface of the skin. For a “glow” you should apply the clay mask regularly.
Tip 4 - Massage your skin
Facial massage can improve the appearance of your skin in a myriad ways. It improves circulation, relaxes muscles, and tones the skin. There are many benefits to frequent facial massages. By adding this into your daily skin care routine it will greatly enhances your skin's appearance.
Facial massage may be quick and effective, but it is still a technique with a right and wrong way of practicing. In other words, it does not involve rubbing or pulling the skin. Instead, it should be gentle and thoughtful.
What are the benefits of massaging the skin;?
· Relaxes the Muscles - massaging the facial skin helps to relax the muscles that tend to cause stress lines and wrinkles
· It improves circulation – by massaging the skin you stimulate the peripheral circulation so will help deliver nutrients to the skin
· Decreases puffiness Increasing blood flow, leading to decreased puffiness and improved circulation. My clients find that they appear more awake and radiant after a facial massage
· Infuses oils and creams – by warming the skin and stimulating circulation the vitamins and nutrients in the products will penetrate so they can stimulate a healing response
· Tones the skin - massaging the facial skin will stimulate the fibroblasts that produces collagen and elastin. Massaging the skin daily is like a "workout for the face."
· Causes detoxification - By doing a facial massage, the texture of the skin is improved by virtue of manual stimulation and flow of lymphatic fluid will detoxify the skin and body.
The Protection phase of your skin care routine is your day cream and the Repair phase is your night cream. Moist skin will also make your face look healthier and can make your makeup sit perfectly and last longer.
If you usually go to bed without using a night cream, then after you read all of the benefits you will always use a night cream.
1. Night cream supplies intense moisture to the dehydrated skin on your face. Therefore, your face is kept moist and hydrated
2. One major role that a night cream plays is that it prevents your skin from sagging
3. It soothes and calms the skin
4. It also ensures that your skin has an even and clear complexion
5. Your night cream boosts collagen in your skin
6. The cream also helps stimulate blood circulation
7. It helps soften fine lines and wrinkles
8. It makes your skin soft, moist and supple
9. It helps your skin to restore its elasticity
10. It stimulates cellular turnover and repairs the skin
The day cream contains antioxidants to protect your skin from free radical damage caused by the sun and pollution. Morning sunlight is needed for the skin, but UVA & UVB light that directly affects the skin during the day will be harmful to skin health so it vital that it is protected, and you use a daily sunblock.
1. It helps brighten the skin by absorbing vitamins and minerals
2. Prevent premature aging by hydrating and protecting the skin
3. Hydrates the skin throughout the day and will protect the skin from factors such as sun, wind and air-conditioning
4. Protecting the skin from UVA & UVB
5. It will help prevent blackheads and acne as the cream creates a barrier against dirt and grime
6. Day cream provides essential nutrition so that the skin becomes healthier and stronger
7. It will create smooth and supple skin
8. It acts as a fixative for make-up